12/10/11

Cuba Libre.

Changing weather, the perfect weather, no cold neither hot. The place where I felt so comfortable, not having to wear a sweater without my hair all tied up. This place was Cuba. I was in 5th grade, I remember when my mom asked us if we would enjoy going to a trip to Cuba for a month. My little brother and I suddenly we were at the airport, with many bags full of cloth. The airplane brand was named Cubana, it has the worst service ever. When we first stepped the airplane it wasn’t even divided in first and second class, the lady from the airplane asked us to move to the last seat, it was like 2cm from the restroom. You can’t imagine how it smelled back there, I went to talk to a guy and told him that I was just to threw up I needed him to change me from seat. My little brother and my mom stayed back there trying not to breathe at all. I was transferred next to an old guy who asked me if I could speak English, when I told me I can then he never shut up, he talked me about fishing and his family all trip long, he even showed me some pictures from his home back Minnesota. 


       The plane wasn’t working so the pilot decided to land at Panama city, they said that we would stay there 2 hours until the solve the problems. Well let me tell you, they were lying, we stayed at the airport for 6 hours, we were completely desperate, they gave us some cold food, and then finally they told us that we were going to get in an American Airlines airplane. I actually made friends while we were waiting in the airport, I still talk so a girl whose name is Diana, she has a little brother.  We got to our new airplane, and I was able to sleep. WELCOME TO CUBA LIBRE, Cuba Libre, a phrase I read and hear all the time I stayed there. The first thing I notice is that there wasn’t any air condition, the whole airport smell as pure tobacco, it was full of people with huge white smiles and comfort cloth on. Music was all over the place and people talked with this weird accent. We finally finished filling all those papers up, we got inside a van that took us to our hotel room. While we were driving I could hear the waves crashing, no publicity sings all over, it smelled as wet sand and reggae in the radio. It was late at night, not many lights on the street, streets had no holes in them. We finally got to our little Hotel that was in the middle of La Habana. I remember that next to our hotel there was a pizza place, we went there every day, I use to wear dresses and flip flops. 




         There was always a blue sky, with no clouds; the perfect weather is definitely found in December at Cuba. Not only the weather but the people living there seemed so in peace, I didn’t get to see no one asking for money or a homeless in the street. Food and books were the cheapest in any store we went. There was nothing too expensive. This is one of my favorite trips I have had so far, I don’t remember fighting with my little brother, we were not thinking in what else to buy we only wanted to go for a walk, go to the market, eat different food and take pictures of everything we could. Clean air heated me on the face, it always smelt as wet sand, big sun shining, different music in every street we passes through. Cuba’s weather not only the fresh climate but the peaceful feeling you got wherever you were. 



Cuba Libre the perfect place to be, I will go back there with no doubt. I can’t remember any other place feeling so full of happiness and no pressure. Cuba was full of old cars with different colors, I can only remember that people enjoy living and transmitted me that happiness they had all day long.

1 comentario: