7/10/11

What goes around, comes around.

Spirals, why do I chose to write about spirals? I've wondered why spirals have been  so important for me, but I never actually dedicated some time to think or write about them. I wanted to share this with someone, but I couldn't find the words to do so. As I get older, I learn many things about life,  I pay attention to its meaning.

Sometimes I get frustrated, mostly because I used to be very insecure of myself, I considered myself to be "the girl who never knew what she wanted". That was my old me. Until I decided to be myself, to stop worrying about people’s opinion; I also learned to be accept me the way I am. In all of this process, spirals were a huge part of my life. Whenever I see a spiral I start thinking about the things I love the most, my goals and achievements. Well, I wanted spirals to represent my way of thinking, but most of all, to represent the way I am.

The first thing that I was identify with was my photography, because I started
taking  pictures with my non professional camera. Now I have a professional camera,
photography equipment, and this year my pictures were exposed and sold at a big
museum in Guatemala, This is my clearest example about why spirals mean so
much to me. You can reach whatever you want, if you believe in your dreams.
Because for me spirals are a mix of everything! I chose this theme for you to
realize that you are capable of doing anything you want and need, you just have to
propose and give it your all. I am proud of what I done so far and I don’t regret a
thing. Wish I could teach you something from my way of thinking. Never forget your
spiral to go round and round full of happiness, love and joy. 

My close friends know that spirals for me are the first thing I draw in any
paper. They are my watermark in my photography and my mark on a huge tree I
recently drew in my room’s wall.  I started drawing them with no reason. Time
passed and after a friend asked me about what they meant, I consulted Wikipedia.
What I found is that a spiral is a a curve which emanates from a central point, getting
progressively farther away as it revolves around a point. In my literature class I
learned that a circle represented forever. This year I also went to a church thing, they
said forever started when we died; the place where God promised we were going
after death. But anyway, the word forever does not exist, it has no meaning for me.
my way of thinking differs from my family and peers. I think that everything has to
end, no matter what it is, it has to have an end sooner or later. The difference is that
we have the ability to decide when it is going to end.

Spirals always have a beginning, a center point and an end, but they can go
far as you want them to. I see my life as a spiral that started as small as a little dot,
with no meaning, as time passed and as I live everyday my spiral is going further.
With a lot of achievements and many goals I’ve reached so far. I think my spiral will
finish the day I stop believing in myself, the day when I get tired of trying to do things
right. I do believe that things happen for a reason, but I never use that saying as an
excuse for my mistakes. I don’t like planning my future, because you never know if
tomorrow will ever come. We should live in the present, because as John Lennon said: life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans. We should share, love and enjoy life while we can. Many people stop dreaming, they live in an everyday routine trying to please others and being a person they are not. Many get so attached to their material and superficial things they don’t take a minute to look at the blue sky, to wonder why things are the way they are, it seems like people became robots without their own way of thinking and no feelings at all.


A series of events had happened in my life, a lot of different feelings at the
same time, trouble, happiness, sadness, joy, fear, disappointment. Emotions; all
kinds of them. Like anyone, I ask myself: Were am I going? What is my purpose?
Why is this happening to me? I enjoy trying new things, experimenting the world that
surrounds me. I’m not that kind of girl that goes were the path might lead; I try to
challenge myself and accomplish goals. I started swimming when I was four; I won
many medals in many competitions. I’ve been a very competitive person, sometimes
I lose too and then I learn from it. We will always have up and downs, but we should
always try to learn from them. Downs will always make us stronger than we already
are. Many people will judge you but remember before you talk, listen; before you
react, think; before you criticize, wait; before you pray, forgive and before you quit,
try. Never let someone make you think you are not capable of doing something,
because in that moment you will give that person the ability to stop your spiral for
growing.

People are often afraid of the word success. They are obsessed with it, I think
they are  wrong. I think happiness should be first. Regret is a word that many people
use in every moment that things don’t get like they expected, expectations lead to
disappointment, I always though that you should never expect anything from anyone
else so if they end up not being the person you though, you will never get hurt. We
should never think twice, never regret things because at sometime it was exactly
what we wanted. There will always be time of trouble that will make you the person
you are now, it will help you to confront the next situation you get. Well all of this
comes from experiences I’ve gotten so far; from a bicycle accident to a heartbreak,
from a party to a day at the beach.  Experiences that make my own original spiral,
the one that is growing and getting further each day. How long is your spiral going?

1 comentario: